Did you have any Thrifty Finds this past week? Or was there something you didn’t buy – and feel proud because of that? I really feel we should celebrate those things we choose not to purchase as well, especially as it gets closer to the season of mass consumption.
This past week my Thrifty Finds were:
- A neighbour had a huge wheelbarrow of apples to give away. I helped myself to a few and made some more stewed apple to freeze (I now have a few containers of apple and blackberry frozen for later use)
- I started my pre-Christmas de-cluttering and put some unwanted clothing up for sale on a local facebook site.
- I also donated another bag of clothing to the clothing bank at school.
- I picked up a couple of books I’ve wanted to read for ages from the book swap at work (only just noticed they’ve both got ‘life’ in them!)
5. We really needed some new picture frames as a couple of old ones had broken. I picked a couple up from the Save the Children shop for 50p each. At last we can frame a beautiful picture that a friend gave us eighteen months ago!
What were your Thrifty Finds for the past week?
You can also share your Thrifty Finds on my facebook page, or use #thriftyfinds on Twitter or instagram