This past week was a busy one as I worked a lot. However I still have a few Thrifty Finds to write about:
And it would be great if you could share your Thrifty Finds too.
- More apples! I think I’m the only person helping myself to the wheelbarrow of apples on the walk to school. By the end of the week they were getting quite wet and, on Friday, covered in snow! However I managed to make an apple cake and freeze another batch of apple sauce.
2. I donated some books to my work’s Book Swap, having taken some for myself the previous week.
3. I met friends for a lovely vegan lunch in Bath, browsed the charity shops and started Christmas shopping but kept very strictly to my plan. No impulse buys at all
4. Some local artists in our village put on an exhibition and fair. I bought a small wooden bowl for a friend and some beautiful birthday and Christmas cards. Not necessarily cheap but supporting the amazing talented people we have in our village!
5. I do a monthly food shop online, and supplement it with buying veg and fruit from the greengrocers or veg box, a doorstep milk delivery and eggs from our village shop. By now we are running low as we approach the end of the month. While we will get another supermarket delivery by the end of this week I spent some time last week baking and making use of store cupboard ingredients to get us through i.e. Homemade bread, cakes and muffins, homemade hummus etc.