Last week was a rather strange one, given that it was bisected by the General Election.
1. Pre election I managed to get back into cooking and baking, and using up leftovers. I made soup from some Sunday lunch veg and baked cakes with some brownish bananas (the latter to keep us going on election night).
2. not quite a Thrifty Find but I do need to make a decision as to whether I continue with my veg box. I ended up composting a fair bit of it last week 😦
3. On election night I was very good and, at the North Wiltshire count* I avoided the pre-wrapped biscuits and disposable cups and bought my own snacks and reusables.
4. We received a few gifts last week. Friends came to dinner and bought some homemade goodies:
5. And we had a visit from Grandad who gave the girls a new (to them) Wii!!
*my husband stood as Green Party candidate; see my previous post for more.