How was your past week? Did you have any Thrifty Finds? We went to visit friends and family for the weekend. It wasn’t very thrifty as we stayed in a hotel (although this was paid from savings we made on holiday – we didn’t spend as many euros as we thought) – but it was a lovely weekend away and so nice to catch up with people.
- While we were visiting, though, we did discover Fun Palaces. This is a nationwide event that encourages people to take part in free, local arts and science events. Our friends took us along to their local arts centre where there was lots on for the children. My younger two sewed some lavender bags and had a go at hand sewing and knitting. And all for free!
2. Last week I took advantage of some of the sunny weather and did loads of washing and drying outside. I try really hard not to use the tumble dryer so when the sun is shining I get the washing machine working overtime so I can line dry everything! Now that my husband has remodelled the garden the deck is a really sunny spot, which isn’t bad for a north facing garden that doesn’t get much sunshine.
3. I had a big clear out of the girls’ bedrooms (something I do every term) and was able to donate a bag of clothes and toys 🙂
4. Not quite a Thrifty Find but something I’m proud of – my mum has started ordering her milk in glass bottles! As we live next door to each other we now have a combined doorstep delivery from the milkman. Less plastic bottles!!
5. Finally, we decided to buy a family Three Year Season Ticket to the Roman Baths, Fashion Museum and Victoria Art Gallery. Although I work for these museums we don’t get free entry as a family (we live outside Bath & North East Somerset – residents do get free admission as these attractions are owned by the council). But at £65 I think a three year ticket is great value. Considering it costs £55 to visit the Roman Baths for a single family ticket our pass is a really good price. Out first stop was a trip to the Fashion Museum (my favourite place). Sometimes I still have to pinch myself that I’m working there!