Hello, and welcome to another week of my Thrifty Finds.
This past week my Thrifty Finds included:
- I received a Tesco voucher in the post. I rarely shop at Tescos so it wasn’t worth much. However I was able to get money off a small shop so it didn’t go to waste.
- I’m starting to – very slowly – sort through the children’s toys, books and dvds before Christmas. I managed to exchange a couple of dvds they no longer wanted at the Games Exchange shop. They were only worth 61p (!) but we currently have £12+ worth of vouchers to be spent there: we might pick up a couple of new films for Christmas.
- Speaking of Christmas, I bought these three books from the Oxfam Bookshop in Bath. They had three for the price of two, so they cost me £2.99 in total:
4. Having bought a lot of second-hand books over the past few months (see my recent post here) I decided to sort through my existing books. I have been trying very hard to re-read those books that have been sitting on my shelves. That way, I feel happier about getting rid of them if I know I’m not going to read them for the third time. I managed to sort through and get rid of about a dozen books.
5. Last Thursday evening I had to work late at a function. My colleague and I popped out for tea before the event, using some money off vouchers I’d received for McDonalds.