Welcome to the first full week of Thrifty Finds in 2018!
This past week my Thrifty Finds were:
- My biggest ever Thrifty Find was to spend just £1 in Debenhams and buy the following:
x2 single duvet sets
x 1 double duvet set plus fitted sheet
x 2 pillows
x 1 bathmat
x 4 towels
For the past couple of years I have used the cashback site Quidco when making purchases online. For every purchase you make you get a little cash back. This can range from a few pence to up to £50 (!). The money takes a few months to reach your account so it’s not a quick fix solution. However as I’m going to make the purchase anyway it makes sense to use the site and earn a little more. Last Christmas I used the money earned to buy Christmas presents from Amazon. This year, however, I decided to convert the rewards into a Debenhams voucher (for a higher rate) and buy some much needed bedding and towels at the value of £132 🙂
2. I also had a good sort out and donated some clothing and household items to a local charity shop. I still need to sort through our linen cupboard and my own clothes as part of a New Year declutter.
3. I also finally got round to mending a couple of items of clothing 🙂
4. We’ve been eating the last of the Christmas food and trying to put off a supermarket shop. I managed to make three extra meals from what we had left in the freezer and food cupboard.
5. With regards to Christmas food waste, so far we had to throw away:
1/2 a red cabbage
one portion of Brie (that had gone mouldy).
We still have a portion of turkey in the freezer and the Brandy Butter is floating around the fridge (I suspect it will have to be thrown out soon). I also have 1 1/2 jars of mincemeat to use up and some very brown bananas.
How did you get on with Christmas leftovers?