Well another week has rolled past and the days are – slowly – getting longer. I have to say, though, January does seem to be going on forever..
This past week my Thrifty Finds were:
- We held a 70s/80s party at the weekend. We went as Tom and Barbara Good (from The Good Life) and friends went as Jerry and Margot. It was probably the least I had ever spent on an outfit: just a £4 shirt from a charity shop. And I think it’s the first time I’ve ever been to a party wearing dungarees and wellies!
- We ordered a new bed as our old one was in need of replacing. Using the sales discounts we were able to buy it within budget (I hadn’t realised how expensive beds are!) I also resisted paying the extra £9 to guarantee a morning or afternoon slot as I was in all day anyway. We also found a cheaper way to dispose of our old mattress and bed.
- I was very disciplined and, as soon as our veg box arrived, I cooked a couple of meals to use the veg – our last veg box wasn’t so successful and I ended up throwing out some old broccoli 😦
4. We’re still sorting through our kitchen. I have some old unpackaged puzzles which I tried to donate on the local Facbook free site but with no luck. However I have a colleague who may take the puzzles for her little boy. If the worst happens I could recycle them as they are all made of cardboard.
5. Not quite a Thrifty Find but I have huge pile of books from my birthday and Christmas which I really need to tackle. I’m trying to find time during the day to read – and am determined to read more on my morning commute, rather than aimlessly scrolling through my phone!