Welcome to another week chronicling my Thrifty Finds.
- I picked up three jars of Nutella spread for just £1 each! Debenhams had been selling them for Christmas and had reduced their stock from £2.50. My kids love Nutella but I don’t always buy it because of the cost (they had some small jars in their Christmas stockings which have now become drinking glasses- one of the advantages of Nutella is that it comes in glass jars). This new supply should keep us going for a few weeks!
2. We are still sorting our kitchen out and donated another bag to charity.
3. In preparation for being without a cooker and oven for the next three weeks I undertook a mammoth baking session. I have frozen lots of cupcakes which we put in packed lunches.
4. A friend picked up more than 40 vinyl albums for £40. We split the collection with him and paid £20 for about 25 albums. Some of them aren’t so great but we did find some classics, including U2’s Rattle and Hum (I’d forgotten what a great album that was!)
5. I finally booked a free eye test through work. I know I need new glasses for work and should have done this about six months ago. Still better late than never…..