We had an unexpected snowfall at the weekend which meant that, once again, the village was cut off.
Here are my Thrifty Finds from last week (before it snowed!):
- I did a job that I’d been putting off for ages and registered the warranties for the new appliances we had bought for the kitchen. For some reason I’ve never done this before.
- We went shopping to Bristol (before the snow came) and took advantage of a free parking space that my husband gets with his job.
- My youngest daughter is studying Greek myths at school and really enjoying it. My dad bought her a couple of second hand Usborne books on Greek and Norse myths:
4. I had a lovely surprise from a friend who went to see the musician, Brett Anderson, in conversation. She bought me a copy of his new autobiography which was such a generous thing to do 🙂
I’m also reading a book that a work colleague bought for me because she enjoyed it so much: ‘A Boy Made of Blocks’.
5. Finally, I bought a Friends and Family Railcard to save money off our train fare to London in the summer.
Don’t forget to let me know what your recent Thrifty Finds are. Have a good week 🙂