Hope you had a great Easter break. We had a very laidback Easter weekend. The girls received two eggs each which means we didn’t have loads of chocolate in the house (thank goodness!). They are currently half way through the school holidays but the wet weather means we have been mostly housebound. My eldest is also studying for her GCSEs so we have made these holidays very low key.
So far, my Easter Thrifty Finds have been:
1. We made use of a McDonalds voucher for a cheap lunch when we went out.
2. I finally sorted through a pile of old gift vouchers that had been stored in a cupboard. It turns out we had a total of £6.50 to spend at Claire’s and a £6 book voucher. I gave the Claire’s voucher to my younger daughters and used the book voucher to buy a book I had wanted for a while. All three girls had also been given Claire’s vouchers by their grandparents, in lieu of Easter eggs, but my eldest very kindly passed her card onto her sisters 😊
3. I finally found a set of Easter cookie cutters in a charity shop. These had been on my list for ages. They were brand new and only 99p. Although, technically, Easter is over we will still make use of them.
4. The primary school is running its Easter Trail around the village. This is a very cheap activity to take part in. There are 50 odd clues dotted around the village and the aim is to guess them all. This year’s theme is TV Programmes. The cost of the trail sheet goes to school funds.
5. Finally, when we have been out in the car we have found ourselves over paying for parking tickets, as we didn’t stay as long as intended. In both cases, I left the ticket by the parking meter so that other people could use the extra time we had already paid for.
What were your Easter break Thrifty Finds?