Saturday was our village May Fair and I managed to pick up some bargains:
1. I made a beeline for the ever popular plant stall and bought some tomato plants and sweet peppers:
My small veg patch is starting to spring to life and, apart from the radishes, there are some faint signs of carrots and lettuces appearing too 😀
2. I also got these goodies from the Bric a Brac stall for just £8:
3. BUT I was very good and didn’t buy anything from the Book Stall!
4. I finally got a replacement head for our dish brush. I bought it ages ago because it was made from recycled plastic and you could replace the head. I bought the new head at the weekend and changed it.
5. I’ve been making more vegetarian and vegan dishes. One of my daughters is vegetarian but doesn’t eat cheese (in fact she’s a pretty fussy eater). So I’ve been experimenting with a few vegan dishes. At the weekend I made a veggie taco salad which went down well, even with the meat eaters. I also made a chill taco bake (baked on a Deliciously Ella recipe) and added cheese for all of us – except the vegetarian who had some yeast flakes sprinkled on her’s. That was another success (we even had it cold the next day) so I now have a couple more dishes to add to my repertoire.
Do you have to cater for a variety of tastes/diets in your home? Any tips and recipes gratefully received!!