This week it has been back to normal with our newish school routine.
1. With three of us having to leave the house at the same time now, and with just one bathroom for a family of five, I’ve had to write out a rota so that everyone can use it! Not quite a ‘Thrifty Find’, but it does highlight the challenge of living in a small house…
2. I picked some ripe tomatoes from the garden, and roasted and puréed some green ones. I haven’t grown veg for years and am really excited about this crop!
3. A neighbour gave me a tub of blackberries she had picked and I turned them into a blackberry crumble cake, and froze the rest 🙂
3. I had a clearout of summer clothes and donated a couple of bags.
4. Having watched the very inspiring film from The Minimalists on Netflix I decided to start tackling the ‘stuff’ in our loft. I went through lots of old photos and discarded many of them; adding only a few precious ones to an album. I don’t know why I’d kept onto them for so long, especially as many of them were duplicates or just plain awful!
If you haven’t come across The Minimalists before I really recommend their film, blog, books or podcasts. They do make you think differently about what you really need to make you happy 😊