Yes I know it’s been a couple of weeks since I last posted 😦 I just found that I didn’t have any Thrifty Finds to write about, and had lost a bit of my writing mojo. But a weekend away in London with good friends has got me writing again …..
1. I finally got round to my mending pile which had been waiting all summer! I sewed buttons on a few items that had been missing them.
2. For my weekend trip away I downloaded an audio book and magazine for free from my library app.
3. I also borrowed a colleague’s phone charger as I was leaving straight after work and had forgotten to pack mine.
4. While in London I visited the Frida Kahlo exhibition at the V&A which I’d been wanting to see for ages. Her story is such an inspiring one: suffering all her life with pain and bad health, she still lived a fulfilling, creative and vibrant life. Her bright clothing, taken from her Mexian heritage, is such an inspiration. I got half price admission with my Art Pass, which has been one of the best purchases all year 🙂
5. And despite being on a no ‘new’ clothes freeze I did buy this cute top from the Mind Charity shop for a fiver…Oops…