Apologies for no post last week-the week was just very hectic! Here are my Thrifty Finds for the past fortnight:
1. I have now bought my Christmas cards for this year. I must remember to buy stamps at regular intervals this year to spread the cost.
2. I used a £20 Amazon gift voucher from my birthday to buy five secondhand books. That should keep me busy for a while!
3. As an early birthday treat for my eldest, we went to the Thermae Spa in Bath with some friends. Because the steam rooms were being refurbished we received a free return voucher – two visits for the price of one 🙂
4. Last Friday I popped into the local Dorothy House charity shop in Bath. They had a ‘fill your bag for a tenner’ promotion and I couldn’t resist! I was disciplined, though, and just bought clothing that will work for Spring and Summer (rather than my winter wardrobe which is completely full). In the end I came away with four tops, one jumper, one skirt and a dress.
5. At the weekend we hosted our annual 80s party. I had picked up this 80s dress for £12 from the Dorothy House vintage shop in Bath. It was the perfect dress with massive shoulder pads, electric blue and made from some godawful man made fibre that made me sweat all evening!!!