I hope you are having a good week and enjoying the milder weather here in the U.K. Last week’s Thrifty Finds were:
1. I had a Sainsbury’s delivery and was given an extra chicken!
2. We had a trip to Bristol on Saturday and used my husband’s free parking space through work (not for much longer as he will be moving to Bath in April)
3. In light of his job change, and a salary cut, I have started to adjust our monthly spending budgets. When we get paid at the end of the month I do the following things:
– transfer money to short term savings accounts for things like holidays, car maintenance, school bus pass
– put some cash savings away for shorter term funds, i.e. Clothing, day trips, piano lessons
I will start to adjust some of these and also try to limit us both to a set amount of free spending money each week. If we take cash out then when it’s spent it’s physically gone (rather than using plastic).
I’m desperately putting aside as much money as I can at the moment to save for some big projects this year (holiday and possible building work) before we have an income reduction.
4. I received notification of a small wage rise at work 🙂
5. A friend very kindly treated me to a cinema ticket to see ‘The Favourite’. I drove and paid for refreshments, but the cinema tickets were way more expensive so it will be my turn to buy her ticket at our next trip!