How was your week? Last week we struggled without a kitchen – but received some generous invitations to dinner and the use of friends’ kitchens and homes. I feel very blessed to live in such a caring community 🙂
Last week’s Thrifty Finds included:
- It was a busy work week culminating in the launch of the Royal Women exhibition at Fashion Museum Bath. I really love my job and feel so privileged to get a sneaky peek at exhibitions such as this one. Spanning the last hundred plus years, this exhibition focuses on dresses worn by Queens Alexandra, Mary, Elizabeth The Queen Mother and the very glamorous and beautiful Princess Margaret. I had been binge watching The Crown prior to the exhibition and, for me, Princess Margaret’s dresses were the highlight.
2. On a more down to earth note, work started in earnest on our kitchen. We were able to start some painting work and I was pleased to be able to use some old rollers and brushes I had washed and saved from a couple of years ago. I was also able to use up half a tin of paint that had been lying in the shed for a while 🙂
3. We uncovered some old layers of wallpaper. Despite having lived in our house for 15 years there are still some areas we have never touched before. I was amazed to find the old pieces – we’re hoping to keep some of the wallpaper in situ, and frame another piece. I’d love to know how far back they date….
4. Now that we are cooking and eating in our lounge I’m beginning to understand what a struggle it must have been when families had just one room to do everything in. So it’s quite timely that we’ve started watching the new BBC series Back in Time for Tea, following a family as they struggle through the 1920s and 1930s.
5. Our Book Group was discussing The Golden Compass and I was delighted to be re-reading the copy I had first bought 16 years ago. I try to borrow the books for our Book Group, rather than buying a new one each time. It’s a real bonus when I already have the book on my shelf 🙂
I’d love to hear about your Thrifty Finds too! What have been your bargain purchases this week – or did you donate/recycle/repair something? Or did you decide not to buy something?