Last week I started my Christmas Shopping – by browsing the charity shops!
- I didn’t think I’d pick up much for the girls as now they are older they don’t really want anything second hand. However I did find two money boxes which I was specifically looking for. We have a big holiday planned for next year and I want them to save for it too. I had briefly looked for holiday-themed money boxes online but they were too expensive. However, a couple of trips to local charity shops resulted in me finding two ‘saving for holiday’ money boxes 🙂
- I also bought a brand new make up purse as requested by one of my daughters, for £2 from the Dorothy House shop.
- While browsing the charity shops I did end up buying a couple of Christmas themed items for the home:
I have been searching for some red cloth napkins for ages and was delighted to find a set of five (perfect for our family!) from Oxfam for £2.99. I also bought the Coca Cola tray (£1.99) and the Jostein Gaarder Christmas storybook
In the Dorothy House shop I picked up this brushed cotton bedding for £7, which is warm as well as very seasonal.
4. We also had a clear out of children’s books which I have donated to Oxfam.
5. Finally, although not a Thrifty Find, I did buy the girls’ advent calendars and our Christmas crackers from Oxfam.
Have you started Christmas shopping yet? Do you shop for second-hand gifts too?