This is what we managed:
1. I forgot to post this last week but I actually spent some time melting down old candles and re-setting them. This is something I do once in a while to get the maximum use from my candles. I have some gorgeous, and quite expensive, candles and I want to get the most out of them. I melt them in a double burner and then pour the melted wax into a new (heatproof) container and set new wicks in them. Since I bought my Party Lite candle last Christmas with its three wicks I decided to add a couple of wicks to one of my candles- this should make them burn more even. My ultimate aim is to just have soy candles in the house, rather than paraffin wax ones.
2. We are still working our way through ‘Friends’. The downside of buying second hand, though, is that sometimes the right disc isn’t in the box! We ended up with some duplicate episodes, but having searched a couple of charity shops, I came up with the missing disc of four episodes (reduced to 99p as well!).
3. A neighbour was going away for a month so she gave me her Italian basil plant. It smells beautiful and really lifts the kitchen!
4. I went along to a community meeting about our Neighbourhood Plan: the ten year plan that will say how we want things to develop in our village i.e. Housing, services, transport. I’m glad I went as many people at the meeting just don’t realise what an expensive village this has become and how there is a real lack of affordable housing. I realise some people don’t want change and how it is important that the right sort of housing is added to our village so that we can maintain our special community character. But if we don’t meet the housing needs of young people and families there will be no one left….
5. My husband has bought a kettle for his office at work so he should be saving himself a small fortune in takeaways….