How has your week been? These are my Thrifty Finds for the past seven days:
- I went shopping for work clothes. As usual, I ignored all the High Street stores and, instead, browsed the charity shops. I ended up with a very successful trip: one skirt, four tops and a pair of shoes for £38! (post to follow soon)
2. I also picked up a really interesting book on women in World War Two from the Oxfam Bookshop:
3. I also donated a small bag of childrenswear to the British Heart Foundation shop.
4. Having visited the D-Day beaches on our holiday my husband and I were really keen to re-watch the TV series, ‘Band of Brothers’. My brother lent us his box set so we are now working our way through it. It’s amazing how many people are in the series, with really small roles being played by actors who are now big leads themselves (Tom Hardy, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Simon Pegg).
5. I’m putting the finishing touches to our next Repair Cafe which happens at the end of the month. I must remember to hunt out a couple of items at home which are broken so that I can bring them along to be fixed too!