How was your week? Here are my Thrifty Finds from last week:
- I used a Sainsbury’s voucher to get £12 off my shopping 🙂
- I also received a couple of pots of hummus for free. My mum was given them at a place where she volunteers, but she passed them onto us.
- I picked up my second pair of glasses, which were free as the opticians was doing ‘Buy One Get One Free’. I’m going to keep them at work as I have been known to leave my pair at home and then have to squint at the screen all day long!
- The girls had their postponed World Book Day celebrations at school. I bought a cheap gingham shirt and we were able to turn it into Dorothy’s dress from The Wizard of Oz for one of my daughters. We also borrowed the book from a friend.
- Finally, I came across this wonderful idea in Bath:
The Hot Water Bottle Network provides free hot water bottles for homeless and vulnerable people in Bath. The bottles hang on the railings outside Bath Abbey and people can help themselves. There is also a list of about a dozen cafes where the bottles can be filled for free. Such a great idea 🙂
Don’t forget to let me know what your recent Thrifty Finds are. Have a good week 🙂