Apologies for the radio silence over the past couple of weeks. I sometimes find I just can’t fit in writing a blog post – if you follow me on Instagram, though, I do try to post daily.
- This last fortnight it’s been hard to avoid the Royal Wedding. Although I’m not a royalist I did manage to mark the day with two mugs I’d bought at the May Fair for 50p each:
2. There was another bric a brac sale in the village last weekend and I bought his lovely cotton dress, originally from Joules, for a fiver:
It’s not quite my colour but works really well with layers and will be lovely and cool when I swelter at work (we are in the top office and all the heat rises!)
3. I got a free coffee with my loyalty card and was given an extra stamp for bring a reusable cup (I had wondered why the barista kept on stamping me twice!)
4. We were given some rhubarb by a neighbour.
5. I spent a lovely day on Saturday with a friend at Bath Festival. We’d originally booked tickets to see Tears for Fears headline at the Festival Finale. However they had to pull out because of illness. We decided to keep our tickets and I was pleasantly surprised by how good the replacement act, Paloma Faith, was. We also received a free upgrade to the weekend ticket although neither of us ended up using it. I managed to pack some reusables to take for the day out: water bottle, spork, cloth napkin. All the food was served in recyclable containers although I did end up buying a tea in a takeaway cup (very rock n roll!). I’m now on the hunt for a collapsible coffee cup that I can fit it in my shoulder bag.
How was your Bank Holiday weekend? Did it stay dry or were you soaked?