Hope you had a good week. Last week we started back at school and work and it’s amazing how quickly we all got back into the swing of things (even though it’s hard getting up in the dark)
- I spent the last of my Christmas gift money on some amazing sales-priced clothing at Marks and Spencer. I bought a jumper, shirt, top and pair of trousers for under £25. If you get to M&S at the right time their reductions are amazing – I picked up some gorgeous trousers reduced to just £7!
2. We cleared out a lot of drawers and cupboards in the kitchen (in a couple of weeks’ time the kitchen is being ripped out and we are having some damp proofing work done, then a new kitchen installed). We donated quite a few bags to local charity shops as a result.
3. We also sold some unwanted DVDs to the local CEX shop and received a voucher.
4. I finally cancelled our Amazon Prime subscription. I don’t know why we still had it as it was something I accidentally signed up for. We don’t use Amazon enough for it to be worth £80 for the free postage, and the Amazon/LoveFilm channel isn’t that good, either.
5. My middle daughter is learning to play tennis and I picked up a racquet for her for half price in the sales.