Apologies (once more) for another fortnightly post. Last week I came down with a really horrible cold (flu?) and ended up spending a few days in bed. Although I’m now back at work I still don’t feel 100%….
Here are my Thrifty Finds for the past fortnight:
1. Being sick at home meant that we didn’t really spend much money and had to cancel a couple of social engagements. One of them was pre-paid but I didn’t mind as it was a charity event.
2. When I did return to work I did get my free flu jab! Ironic I know! I had been waiting for the pharmacy to order in some more innoculations as they had been out of them. Apparently it takes two weeks to start working so I think I would have picked this cold up anyway 😦
3. While I was stuck in bed I started reading my second hand Amazon pile, bought with my birthday gift voucher:
4. We had snow at the weekend and ended up being snowed in on Friday and Saturday (being 500 metres above sea level and on the edge of the Cotswolds means this does happen!). Being snowed in is great fun – as long as you have supplies! We didn’t spend half as much money as we would have done at the weekend as I made sure we just spent the cash we had lying around. We still managed a trip to the cafe for hot chocolate and the obligatory trip to the village pubs – but didn’t put anything on the card which is one of my golden rules of budgeting. We also had lost of free entertainment – sledging and playing in the snow!
5. Finally my husband got a new job, which he will start after Easter! This is such a big change for us as it means his commute will be reduced from one hour to just 20 minutes! He will be so much happier and we should get to see more of him, HOWEVER it comes with quite a pay cut so we are going to have to get our budgeting seriously sorted. But I’m looking forward to the challenge….
Do you have any big changes planned this year that will require you to budget?